Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Grubes of Jing Yan



Speaking of the few employees hired to repair school equipment, I saw two of them hard at work on my way up to the office today. I'm sorry the above photo is a little blurry. I actually did get a clearer shot, but I thought this one illustrates life in China a bit better. As you may have noticed, the first man is welding a chair while smoking a cigarette. He has tossed his welder's mask aside, so that he can more clearly see what he is doing. I guess that's a good idea, because he is welding about 2 inches from his colleague's foot. The photo doesn't show that all of this is happening about 5 feet from a classroom full of about 60 students.

Maybe it's a good thing these guys aren't responsible for more around the school.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,

    That is a funny picture and story. I told Grube that you wrote about him and he laughed. He was happy about it.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete