Thursday, February 19, 2009

Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes

This week I have been teaching the students about body parts. This consists of me singing “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” 72 times, leading 12 rousing games of Simon Says, and allowing the students to draw on the board. Like twelve year-olds in any other country, they find it exceedingly funny to draw a pig nose and vampire teeth on the stick figure on the board. Some of the bodies actually came out pretty well, so I thought I’d let you take a look at one.

Welcome to the middle school classroom in China! (Notice the claw-like fingernails and bearded stick-person who is also wearing a skirt. Perhaps it's a kilt.)

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,

    I like the hair-do the stick figure is showing. What would be the area between the shirt and the skirt? Or is the skirt falling down? Maybe your students could use more colored chalk in their drawing? Looks like a great lesson.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "person" - maybe my elementary school kids will be just as creative when I teach body parts :) I'll definitely send you a picture!

    ReplyDelete